As a homeowner, your roof is one of the most important components of your property. It protects you and your family from the elements, but it also plays a key role in the overall aesthetic of your home. Unfortunately, roofs don’t last forever, and over time, they can become damaged, worn out, and in need of replacement. Here are some signs that your roof needs to be replaced.
- Age of Your Roof: One of the most significant factors to consider when determining if your roof needs to be replaced is its age. It’s recommended you get your roof inspected regularly after 15 years. If your roof is nearing the end of its lifespan, it may be time to consider a replacement.
- Visible Damage: If you notice visible damage on your roof, such as missing or broken shingles, cracks, or holes, it’s a clear sign that it’s time to replace your roof. These issues can lead to leaks and water damage, which can cause significant problems for your home.
- Mold or Algae Growth: If you notice mold or algae growth on your roof, it’s a clear sign that it’s time to replace it. Not only is this growth unsightly, but it can also lead to structural damage and health problems for you and your family.
- Energy Bills: If you notice a sudden increase in your energy bills, it could be a sign that your roof is in need of replacement. An old or damaged roof can cause air leaks, which can cause your HVAC system to work harder to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home.
- Granule Loss: If you notice granules in your gutters or on the ground around your home, it could be a sign that your shingles are losing their protective coating. This loss of granules can lead to shingle deterioration, making your roof more susceptible to damage.
- Roof Leaks: If you notice water stains on your ceiling or walls, it’s a sign that your roof is leaking. Leaks can cause significant damage to your home’s interior, including mold growth and structural damage.
In conclusion, your roof plays a critical role in protecting your home and your family. If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to have your roof inspected by a professional roofing contractor. By addressing these issues promptly, you can ensure that your home is protected for years to come.
Resort Exteriors can assess the condition of your roof and recommend the best course of action. Reach out to us today at (410)-881-2028.